NIGERIAN PRESS COUNCIL
No 26 Bissau Street, Wuse Zone 6, Abuja
INVITATATION TO TENDER FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EoI) FOR AUDITOR SERVICES FOR THE COUNCIL
1.1 The Nigerian Press Council is desirous of engaging an external auditor that will carry out audit of its activities for the next three years.
1.2 The Council hereby invites interested reputable and competent Auditing firms to submit their company profile:
- SCOPE OF SERVICES
1.0 CATERGORY A:
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
All bidders must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7, or Business Name is acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2020, 2021 and 2022, valid till 31st December, 2023;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023;
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023;
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Reports (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2023 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of relevant committees of the Nigerian Press Council or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2020, 2021 and 2022)
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as ICAN, ANAN orany related relevant institutions etc.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in reputable organisations in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards etc.
- Only companies included in the list of registered Auditors with the Office of The Auditor General for the Federation.
- Evidence of licence to practice by either ICAN, ANAN;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firms Letter head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM NO) e-mail address. The letterhead paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the directors of the company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
- Evidence of registration with financial reporting council of Nigeria;
- SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
Interested firms are to submit their proposals in two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids with softcopy and hard of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked technical bid /financial bid. Thereafter, put two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Press Council, 26 Bissau Street Wuse Zone 6 Abuja marked with the name ‘’AUDITOR submission 001’’. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the firm not later than 12:00 noon on Friday, 14th April, 2023 (Two Weeks).
- OPENING OF EoI TECHNICAL BIDS
The EOIs and technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon on Friday, 14th April, 2023 in the conference room, NPC office, Abuja. The financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure you sign the Bid submission Register in the office of the Procurement unit, Nigerian Press Council. The Nigerian Press Council will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further Enquiries please contact the Head of procurement on Auwal_Hassan@yahoo.com.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening.
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at (Technical) will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- The Nigerian Press council (NPC) is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with section 28 of the Public Procurement act 2007.
Nigerian Press Council (NPC)